Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2011

MERRY CHRISTMAS

I wasn't planning to write a blog today but I was inspired to write this message after I received a call from my youngest son around 1:00 AM (My first thought was, My God-What's wrong?) I know what your thinking, why think the worst, right...

Anyway, he started off by saying that he knew he was waking me up but he needed to tell me something and no I'm not drunk, just please listen.

He went on to tell me that he really appreciates me and that I did a awesome job at being his mom :) He also mentioned a memory from when he was around 8 or 9 years old which i will not go into but he told me that he appreciated my strength especially during the difficult times and how he and his brother were always taken care of etc.. He also mentioned his gratitude for his dad.

It's so easy to lose touch with what's important in life and especially during Christmas time. When I was young I didn't receive much "materialize" for Christmas but I've grown to realize that I received gifts much greater than any object. I received the joy and blessing of celebrating the Season with two people that will always be dear to my heart although they are now only here in Spirit; my Mom and Grandma. I didn't get it back then but Thank God for wisdom as you age.

Christmas hasn't been the same for a long time but it was enjoyable when my Men were kids and I was able to live Christmas through them. I tried to give them everything I never had but at the end of the day, the best things you can give are free.

Next Sunday (Christmas) when you are surrounded by your loved ones and opening your gifts or enjoying a meal together, try to really be in that "moment" and enjoy  & truly appreciate those with you.

I received a special gift around 1:00 AM this morning.....

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!


Be Blessed...